Everyone is telling you that it is all about content marketing and making sure you have a blog. Well if you are involved in #social media or thinking about jumping in, remember it is about the #content you can offer your followers.
Where do you begin?
- When you are thinking about what you should write make the content of interest to your target audience. Your followers want to learn from you so offer them relevant content.
- How to find the content that your readers might find useful or that is trending? An interesting tool is # Google Trends You can type in words and see how they chart. You can break it down by region, country, city, days, months, years and even terms. This is a very cool tool.
- Creating a story or making it personal. The reader wants to get to know you, what makes you tick and the path you traveled.
- Lists are easy ways for your readers to scan what you are writing about. There is so much information on the web that a reader wants to be able to get to the point quickly.
- Add photos and use color when bolding words. This breaks up the #content and you will make it more interesting for your readers.
- Have a great #headline. A good headline will attract 80% of your readers. You can search online at Copy Blogger http://www.Copy Blogger.com for ways to write headlines that attract readers.
- Write often. Remember consistency is very important. If you appear once and the reader enjoys your post and you don’t post for a while the reader will forget about you.
- Jump in! It is scary to start writing but it will only get easier once you begin to write.
Do you have a blog and what do you write about? Leave a comment. Go to My Blog and check out some of my other useful tips.